Social Work Month is one of our favorite months of the year. Why? Because of YOU!
We love shouting from the rooftops about the superhero work you do to elevate and empower vulnerable kids, adults, and families. You are a shining light, a beacon of hope for those who need it, and we thank you for all that you do.
That said, each year we like to come up with something a little different to support the Social Work Month theme while sharing your stories and contributions. Since part this year’s theme celebrates how you get people the resources they need to succeed, we thought we’d do the same for you.
- When you need a laugh after a long day (memes)
- When you need a little extra inspiration (quotes)
- When you need a reminder of why you started (stories)
- When you need a good song on the road (playlists)
- When you need a healthy snack on the go (snacks/lunch ideas)
- When you need a few minutes to reboot (self-care tips)
We know it's frustrating when you want nothing more than to spend time with clients, but you're buried under a huge pile of paperwork that needs finished. Sometimes you just have to laugh it off! We think these memes will do the trick.
Source: imgflip.com's Meme Generator
Source: The Social Work Hub
Source: The Social Work Hub
Inspiration can be hard to come by after a long/difficult day, so we created these iPad backgrounds so you can always carry some with you. Save your favorite (or all of them, if you'd like!) for the next time you need a boost.
We've talked to hundreds of social workers over the years. Here are some of the best quotes we've heard about what motivates them to help vulnerable kids and families overcome some of life's toughest challenges.
The right playlist can help you relax, recharge, or get motivated. Here are a few of our favorites.
- 10 Playlists That'll Power You Through Your Day Better Than Coffee (themuse.com)
- Positive Vibes Playlist: 100 Happy and Uplifting Songs to Put You in a Good Mood (spinditty.com)
- Relaxing Music Playlist: 25 Calming and Chill Songs (Billboard.com)
- Spotify playlists:
These 10 healthy, super-easy lunch ideas require minimal prep time and just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients. Pair with a side of fresh fruit or veggies, and you’ve got a tasty, nutritious meal to keep you fortified on a busy day. (Bonus: you can easily eat all of them at your desk, in the car, or anywhere else you need to squeeze in a quick bite!)
You can also find loads of inspiration on Pinterest, including:
|Fit Foodie Finds
Lunches on the Go
While the rewards of being a social worker are plentiful, the job can take its toll—mentally and physically. This blog post and infographic highlight simple ways you can practice self-care, manage stress, and your boost well-being.