Human services leaders were put to the test in 2020. Now, it’s time to think about what’s next.
As you look ahead to 2021, you may be considering several different technology-related options: investing in new tools, optimizing existing ones, or taking a step back to rethink what you really need before making any big decisions. Wherever you are in this journey, we’re here to help.
Our human services technology toolkit is loaded with strategies, advice, and resources so you can make more informed decisions when planning for, purchasing, and implementing technology.
Get the free guide to start planning for tomorrow, today.
Need more incentive? Here’s a little preview of 12 resources that we’ve written specifically for human services that you’ll get access to (along with other industry insights):
- A Framework for Problem Prioritization (template): identify and quantify your most pressing problems and their impact on the community.
- Prioritizing Technology in Human Services and Preparing for What May Be Next [Lessons from COVID-19] (blog): ensure your agency is ready to respond efficiently when a crisis or emergency disrupts operations.
- Answering Your Commonly Asked Cloud Questions (blog): advice to help your agency decide what, if any, cloud-based technologies are right for your needs.
- Overcoming a Culture of Cautiousness: The Critical Role of RFPs in Innovation (Policy & Practice magazine article): common themes and best practices for using RFPs to identify strategic partners that will position you for both immediate and future success.
- Outlining Your Technology Investment (template): provide a breakdown of what you’re spending over time in an easily digestible format to support your business case.
- Evaluating Success Measures (template): help decision-makers visualize the goals for your technology project and how you plan to measure if you successfully meet them.
- 9 Tips on Financing Human Services Technology Projects (blog): nine key points to help you justify, secure, and manage funding to buy and maintain innovative technology solutions.
- A Field Guide to User Adoption (business brief): five practical steps to make sure technology projects are successful, now and in the future.
- Mitigating Risk and Removing Fear from Organizational Process Change (business brief): additional tips to plan for, manage, and strengthen change over time.
- Creating Radical Change at the Intersection of Coaching and Technology (TrainingIndustry.com): dives into why coaches and internal champions are so critical when implementing new technology, plus how to assemble a strong coaching team.
- Technology Regression Happens. Here’s How to Fix It. (blog): understand the various factors that influence whether your workers continue to use tools you provide them over time.
- Human-Centered Design: How Northwoods Builds Solutions Around You (blog): go behind the scenes to learn about Northwoods’ human-centered design approach and how it influences everything we do.