If you’re a child support caseworker, you may feel overwhelmed. Creating court orders and motions is a tedious, paper-heavy, and time-consuming process, not to mention obtaining complete information regarding non-custodial parents.
Additionally, most child support caseworkers lose valuable time every day to the antiquated documentation systems and manual processes they use to collect, retrieve, and share information. This makes it impossible to be truly efficient and provide complete client service, which can delay families from accessing resources and children from receiving the support they need for their well-being.
Fortunately, there is a solution that can help child support caseworkers streamline and simplify their work. Want to learn more? Keep reading below for a short summary and overview of how Northwoods can help.
Consider the following challenges and questions. If any of these sound familiar, it may be time to implement a more modern solution:
- Manual, tedious business processes: Are you feeling the weight of the paperwork burden? Do you spend a lot of time manually entering data?
- Lack of access to case information in court: Do you spend hours preparing for court? Have you ever wished you had access to a document you needed while in court?
- The lengthy court order process slows getting financial help for families: Do your families have to wait a long time to get the monetary support they need? How long does it take to process court orders and other documents?
- Frustrated clients and limited collaboration among staff: Are you able to help your clients as quickly as you’d like? Would it help if you could more easily share documents among caseworkers, supervisors, and attorneys?
- State and federal mandates: Are you feeling pressure to close cases within federal timeframes? How often are you successful? Do you struggle to meet the rapidly changing expectations?
While the demands of your job are ever-present, your burden can be lightened by working with a partner like Northwoods that understands these challenges and has created solutions to address them head-on.
Increase Productivity, Performance and Services Levels with Traverse®
Northwoods has spent thousands of hours with child support caseworkers, supervisors, and attorneys to understand their challenges and develop document management solutions to ease their paperwork burden.
Using Traverse in child support, caseworkers have the tools they need in the office, courtroom, or anywhere to support families. Agents and clerical staff use the software to scan, store, and retrieve state and local forms, legal documents, and other case content. Documents are organized in centralized, electronic case files using a human services-specific taxonomy, which allows any worker to find what they need at any time without having to dig through bulky records.
Child support workers can use Traverse to:
- Process new applications in Traverse that are immediately available in the electronic file
- Easily progress cases and files (e.g., from intake to establishment) over the life of the case
- Electronically route client documentation that comes to the agency in the mail to the right worker for review or further processing
- Make real-time changes to forms while in court for judges to sign off on
- Scan documents, such as income verification, into case files from anywhere clients drop them off, including in court
- Use full text search to find pertinent information in case files, such as court orders or case notes
As a result, agencies that use Traverse in child support are able to:
But don't just take our word for it. Hear from child support program administrators who have implemented Traverse at their agencies and experienced these proficiencies firsthand.
View the Cleveland County Department of Social Services customer story to learn more about how the agency has increased performance, mobility in court, and client services in child support. View our website to see how Traverse can dramatically lighten your child support workers' paperwork burden.